Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Patience is a treasured virtue!






Today is a crazy mix of emotions ... things couldn't be going greater here at home! I am absolutely loving being back with the family. Laughing at my parents and their efforts to crack jokes, eating and chatting with my grandparents, and being around familiar faces and a church that I love. Oh and jobs are coming! I am working at Sylvan and have my first sub day here in Livingston Parish tomorrow, and waiting to hear about a babysitting job for a few nights a week. So things are picking up, but as I have still had a little too much time to think over these past few months and the Lord is just growing and changing my heart through this time away from social distractions aka no social life:), some days I am just emotionally exhausted and overwhelmed at life and some things that are lingering in my mind and heart that just aren't resolved. But it's great all the same because I am learning to pray and pray boldly and honestly. I know thats vague, but it will have to do for now:)

The pictures above are of the parents and grandparents...shhh don't tell them they would die if they knew I put them up here ;)

AnyWAYS so during this time I have learned how grateful I am for patience. I am realizing how patient people and especially God have been with me. Of course, I have needed people to be patient with me my entire life, trust me!! For example, my dear mom has learned to be patient and forgiving with me when I lose things, and at times very important or expensive things never to be seen again:/ Speaking of forgiving that kind of goes hand in hand with patience. But this has come to my attention especially in these months after leaving the sweet town of Ruston, LA. I seem to need a lot of time to work through things, to learn lessons, to completely trust the Lord and thankfully I have dear friends and family and an amazing God who put up with me.

I feel like my prayers for the past 9 or so months have not changed ... mine for me personally that is. And can I tell you how frustrating that is for me, but how great all the same because I am learning perseverance in prayer. Now I must admit there are many times that perseverance was the last thing I wanted to think about so my prayers went a little something like this "God you know already good night" because I was tired of saying the same thing and couldn't think of any other way to ask or talk to Him about it. But He is PATIENT and FAITHFUL and UNDERSTANDING, and though none of these issues have been resolved it is so good to see that as much as I require patience from others towards myself (wow if that even makes sense), I too can be patient towards others and love and encourage them as they work through this crazy life.

OH and it is also so cool that even though it hasn't been the easiest time in life it has been great! The Lord has given me this time to work through these things. He got rid of the things that would distract me and keep me from focusing on these issues. Thank You Lord for being patient with me as it has taken me quite some time to figure this all out but I think we can start working a little faster now:)

Isaiah 40:31 "Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."

1 comment:

  1. Morgan!!! I miss you too!!! I just read your comment, thanks for leaving me one. If we could get together and have coffee or something that would be great!! Let me know ok!!(sorry for all the exclamation points :D)

    ReplyDelete