Monday, November 15, 2010

and today in class...

Journal:
Today I will serve God by...
Student's response:
I will help God write the Bible.

As we lined up for lunch, one little girl was not standing in line correctly. So I told her to come stand by me. Usually this just means they are to follow me instead of getting to walk in line with their friends. Unfortunately I just assumed that this student understood that. So, I am at the kitchen window, passing out lunches, and my students come up to me "Miss Davis _____ is still in the room." And of course my immediate response is "Well what are they doing up there?" Then the poor girl walks down in tears "You just left me up there. You said stay here, and then you forgot about me." AHH the one time she actually does what I tell her to the 1st time. Not to mention I never said stay here.

My sweet 2nd graders never cease to amaze me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment