Monday, December 6, 2010

Some "Oh my" moments...

"Oh my" moments....
1. My students were so excited about Christmas last week, and they just couldn't stop talking about all things Christmas, including their elves. If you are not familiar with the elves, let me quickly clue you in from the eyes of a child: After Thanksgiving, when the Christmas season has officially begun, Santa sends you an e-mail, and tells you he is sending an elf to your house to check in on you until Christmas. The elf reports to Santa, and tells him if you are being good or not. Every night while the you are snug in your beds the elf finds a new hiding place in your house, so you never know where he might be. (well I assume this at least close to being right because as you will see I am not very well informed on the elves) SO as my students are telling me about their elves, some students didn't know what they were talking about. Well being the genius that I am I said " Oh you get them at the store in a little kit," or at least something to the affect that you get them at the store (which you do, they come in a little kit with a box and a stuffed elf but the kids of course don't know that). To this they immediately replied, "NO! You only get them if Santa sends you an e-mail!" I quickly tried to cover my mess up with something that sounded a bit like "Oh yeah I am sorry I must be thinking of something else. Get busy you have work to do, you shouldn't even be talking." Ah I am terrible!!

2. Today I was at freezing cold afternoon carpool, and I had put my walkie-talkie in my coat pocket. While I was waiting on the next car to pull up, I put my hands in my pocket. I quickly learned this was a mistake because due to the large object in my coat plus my large hand, my hand got stuck. I mean STUCK! I was so scared that I would have to have the two other teachers on duty help me get my hand out in front of all of these parents. Thankfully I was able to dance around a bit and wiggle it free. I took the walkie-talkie out needless to say.

3. Filling up my car with gas seems to always be an adventure with me. The first pump I pulled up to the card thingy wasn't working, so I attempted to move around to another. Well with the way the pumps were angled and my not so amazing driving skills, it took me a few attempts (reverse, drive, turn, reverse, drive) to get my car where I thought it should go. When I look up, I see this old man in a truck staring at this ridiculous sight...ugh must I have an audience?!? I begin to step out and realize I am nowhere close to the pump and at a crazy angle, so I laugh and say "You have got to be kidding me!!" The whole time I am being watched...it was awful, but I couldn't stop laughing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment