Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet springtime...in January...

So as I was at Starbucks this afternoon preparing for my first day back to work, I found it quite difficult to plan. I mean here I am in my shorts, drinking an iced beverage, and I am planning activities with snowflakes and hot chocolate and mittens. It was kind of hard to get in the spirit of wintery fun. I am never one to complain about warm weather! Trust me I am not a grand fan of being cold! I mean your body is tense, and I can't focus past the fact that I am freezing. But I am feeling a little jipped this winter so far. I mean I was prepared for it this year! I got a new coat, boots!, sweaters...the works! And yet here we are...the middle of January...in shorts...drinking a frozen drink.

Reasons I enjoy cold weather (not being cold, just cold weather):
*my new coat! I was so excited about having a coat that actually covered my arms all the way down to my wrist!
*hot beverages! AH I love to be warmed up by a nice hot tea!
*Bonfires and fires in the fireplace! Pawpaw's bonfires in the fireplace;)
*flannel sheets! I turn my fan on at night, so that I still get the full effect of the wonderful warmth of flannel sheets!
*sweats and warm fuzzy socks/slippers! (confession: I spent most of my break in sweats even though it wasn't cold enough simply because thats how I felt it should be.)
*scarves, gloves, hats, cuddle time, the smell of heaters, blankets, my hair is manageable, bundling up for a good run
*spring is so sweet after a cold cold winter!

I mean I am really not complaining. I don't like when people complain about the weather. But I am prepared! I am ready to enjoy a few of these perks of winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment