Monday, July 15, 2013

Missing...

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder..."

I have never agreed with this quote more than I have these past 6 weeks! I remember thinking 6 weeks is nothing and wondered why everyone was making it seem like I was going for this terribly long time. After all, I went away to college and spent a few summers off on missions. But I have never been so homesick as I was this summer. I mean, looking back the time has gone quickly. I can't believe it is almost over, and I know this week will fly by and creep by all at the same time.

Being away and missing the things and people of my day to day life has in a strange way been a very sweet thing. Difficult but sweet all the same. I appreciate things so much more! Love people so much more! And I am so thankful the Lord has given me these 6 weeks to see the beauty of my day to day life back home and the abundant blessings I have there!!

I have had a wonderful summer and I look forward to my last week here and seeing what the Lord still has in store for us! I can't wait to tell you all about my summer soon! God is too good to me!!

These new friends will be missed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment