Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sweet Summertime

Never tell a teacher, "It must be nice to have summers off" Unless you have taught, you probably won't  understand the need for the break. Plus, I am constantly thinking and planning for the next year during my summer. The break to recover from the year completed and to prepare for the year ahead is a must! And please know that I am not saying I have the toughest job by any means! I love what I do and enjoy the chaos of it all.  I am sure many other professions could benefit from a similar break as well and deserve more recognition and appreciation for what they do.



So I like to set some concrete goals for my summer, since I am not working camp this summer, I don't want my summer to slip past me and look back and feel like I got nothing done. So in no particular order...

- Clean OUT! Like major cleaning out! I am sure I have said this many times before, but I am planning to do some serious organizing and cleaning out of my room and bathroom. If it hasn't been touched or used in a while or have some serious sentimental value...it's gone. A friend said it best...clutter can be exhausting...I'm exhausted;)

- Try new clean eating/healthy recipes. At least one a week. I started yesterday with homemade lara bars. Success.

- Yoga and pilates. These are great core workouts that I enjoy in addition to my runs.

- Spend less! Save some money.

-Job search! This really should be at the top of my list! And spend lots of time in prayer over where the Lord will lead me.

- Study/read: books, get into the Word, and study up on this Common Core fun:/

- Less social media...more face time. Spend time investing in relationships...friends and family.

- Try something new. Learn something new. Just do something exciting...it's been far too long:)

Most teachers love what they do, and we adore our students. But like I said, summers are needed and well deserved. Not to mention, it doesn't take long before I am eagerly anticipating the beginning of school:).



No comments:

Post a Comment