Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some fun times as of late...

My life has been quite slow lately...um maybe that doesn't even do it justice. But it's been nice to have my mom home to live the slow life with me (despite the not so great reason that she's home). We eat together, nap together, watch too much tv together....I just don't want her to have to do it all on her own, ugh but neither of us are huge fans of this lazy life. But now she knows why I don't have much to chat about...there's not anything to say when nothing has happened. But I will make myself busy this week if it kills me!

Anyways I might have a few fun things to share with you from my adventure to Ruston... (I saved the best for last:))

* First I got to see a sweet friend who is going to England within the next year to do campus ministry for a few years if not longer. I am super excited for her and can't wait to go visit.

* Then I got to see the gang!! OH how I love this gang of girls!! Heather, Katie, Amber, and Steph just make my heart happy!

* Steph and I had a sweet sleep over...I so miss sweet talks with this dear friend! She was my roommate jr. and sr. yr of college, so we always just had good chats about life and living:) Then we went for a run...we ran a half marathon on Feb. 28th, let's just say we (meaning I, she is much more in shape than I am) could barely run a straight mile...ugh...I am working on that this week with all that free time for sure!

* We played sand volleyball!!! Despite what looked like OOOOHHH I was so excited...um well maybe too excited...I get uncontrollably hyper at times and this was unfortunately one of those times. You see my friends have seen this in me before and are still my friends, which I am very grateful for;) But I had a friend there that had invited some new friends of hers, to kind of introduce the old and new friends....I was so worried they were going to think I was crazy, because well I would have!

* Scuba (aka Steven, a friend from Ruston, who is now at seminary) and I were on our way and were about half way and running out of things to chat about. So to help things along I had some battle of the sexes cards (like trivia cards). One of the questions was what are the 4 "c"s of a diamond. Scuba confidently replied "cut, color, cleavage,..." to which I replied "WHAT?!? Are you serious??!??" (or something to that effect I am sure becuase I instantly began in a fit of uncontrollable laughter where words don't come out very well) It was hilarious, especially since he really thought that was one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment