Sunday, August 29, 2010

Does He still give you butterflies?

This weekend I had the joy and privilege of being a part of some pre-wedding festivities for a dear friend of mine who was also one of my college roommates. I cannot express how excited I am for this couple! They are wonderful and perfect for each other...they even matched at their shower last night, and I can almost guarantee they didn't plan it. Anyways on my way from Baton Rouge to the Ruston, I was listening to the Christian radio station up there and they were playing a song about how God's love affects or should affect us.
He loves me in my brokeness and in my filthiness. Through His grace and mercy and the precious blood of Christ He sees His daughter. The beautiful daughter that He created. He loves me so much that He has covered my sins in the blood of His precious son, my Savior, so that I may just speak His name and come into His presence and sit before Him, the Holy One. I mean do we really understand what that means...to be able to just sit at the feet of God, the mighty, awesome, majestic, sovereign God. All I can think is "Am I living as though this is real and this is truth in my life? Has the fact that I am loved unconditionally by the God of the universe changed me the way it should? Do I long for others to know this love the way that I should?" The answer would have to be no. No because I still worry about what people think of me and trying to win their approval instead of seeking to have my confidence rest in Him and living a life that is focused of winning His approval. No because I put so many things before God and make far too many excuses for my disobedience. No because too many times I have to busy or to worried about my own comfort to share this great love with everyone I possibly can. So it's now up to me and up to you. Will I allow this to be truth in my life? Will I allow God's love to change me like I never have before? Will I be bold and love with absolute reckless abandon for His name?
Lord may Your love impact every aspect of my life and give me opportunities to share Your amazing love with people everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment