Sunday, February 6, 2011

I love...

I love...
- Eating things that require ketchup. Sometimes I eat things that need ketchup just for the ketchup part.
- Hot tea in the winter. The way it warms your throat for hours after you are finished. (or maybe that is the slightly burnt feeling because I start sipping while it is still scalding EVERY TIME!) I have just begun to drink this this winter, and I am quite pleased with my choice of warm drink for cold days!
- A unexpected chat with a random friend that I haven't talked to in a long time.
- Beautiful spring days and a good run!
- When my hair does what it is told to do by my straightener or mousse and stays that way all day long!
- A good reason to dress up and a cute outfit to do it in.
- The lessons I learn daily through those around me. Especially those lessons I learn from my sweet little students.
- That His mercies are new every morning and His loving arms are waiting to draw me close to Himself.
- When something so great happens to you that you couldn't wipe the smile off your face if you tried.
- road trips! I love that you are stuck in close quarters with sometimes the most random people. I love the random pit stops you make. I mean really any trip, plane, train, boat, automobile. They all make me happy!
- When I actually have something witty to say. Most the times it is something I would never say to someone, but I just have to because I am so proud of the fact that I actually thought of a comeback. Don't worry. I quickly apologize for what was said, just in case it was taken the wrong way.
- A good challenge!
- When God gives me moments of laughter when I need them most! (A moment in my classroom: Last week, I was beginning to notice the seasonal allergy mess starting up, so my head was all out of sorts. Every now and then I had trouble saying some words. Well I have a student who talks with a bit of a British accent, and he knows it and noone knows where he got it from. He was always making comments about it when school started "People think I'm British, but I am not" (in his sweet little accented voice.) ANYWAYS all this to say I was trying to say the word "character" and it kind of caught in my throat and I could not for the life of me get it out. So my precious student was sitting right by me and looked up and says "You sound like me" This is surely one of those need to be there moments, but it was a moment that I could not help but laugh and laugh at!)
- Surprises. The simple thoughtful kind of surprises. I also love to surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment