Thursday, February 3, 2011

Made for greatness!

I'm in love with a God who restores, who makes all things new and beautiful! I am being bombarded from all sides by a message I am so in need of hearing. A message that God is desperate for me to grasp and to allow to take root in the depths of my heart and to change me from the inside out.
The message is one woven all throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, we see the story of redemption and healing and restoration. It's also something I have written about here and there before but am constantly struggling with. Struggling not to allow my heart and mind to be consumed with the poor me, I will never be good enough lies but instead to be consumed with the TRUTH that God has restored and given me power and strength and FORGIVEN me and made me brand new! So I am in need of a reminder, to remember the depths from which I was delivered and the heights to which I have been brought to through His divine grace, love, and mercy. I would encourage you to take a moment and do the same, ask God to help you to leave the former life behind and find wholeness, joy, and peace in the new life He has promised you! And as you do, everytime you write down the thing of your wretched past, tell the father of lies the truth, that you were created for more! And claim the promise that God has given you in the new creation He has made you to be.
Revelations 21:5 "Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write for these words are true and faithful."

The old me: insecure, searching, broken, selfish, hurting, judgmental, confused, uncertain, fearful, weak, hopeless, filthy, and dead

The new me: confident, satisfied, whole, selfless, comforted, loving, sure, courageous, strong, powerful, filled with hope, pure, forgiven, and alive (or at least the new me that I am striving to be through the help of Christ!)

Psalms 103:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment