Thursday, April 28, 2011

Running confessional...

I enjoy a good run! I would call myself a runner, but I by no means am a serious runner. I do it to be healthy and for the simple enjoyment of it all. Here are some facts about me as a runner:

* I enjoy a good race every now and then. And by race I mean a 5K, 10K, and even the occasional 1/2 marathon. When I race I am not really trying to beat anyone, I just want to run along with a thousand or so strangers, and as long as I have a few people behind me, I am quite pleased:)

*I plan my route according to the neighborhood dogs. I know the ones that are safely put away behind a nice strong, sturdy fence, and I know the ones that are let out without a leash (which are usually quite small but I still avoid if at all possible!)

* I may or may not run a little faster every time I hear a dog bark. Just a side story: Tonight one of those safe dogs that is nice and secure behind the strong, sturdy fence began to bark at me. Of course, I look around to ensure that they are in fact not running after me, and one of the boards in the fence was broken to where I could see it. Needless to say, my feet took me away as fast as they could move!

* Now on top of dogs, I have to look out for snakes! I saw 2 snakey skin looking things on the road today...EEK! Oh my, maybe one day I will enjoy a peaceful, carefree run.

* No matter how unproductive the day, a good run makes me feel like I accomplished great and wonderful things:)

* A nice sports watch and my workout wear makes me feel like a much better runner than I actually am.

* I do not appreciate honks or teenage boys trying to ask me my name while I am in the zone! (or any other time for that matter)

* I like to find obstacle courses or bob and weave in and out of driveways to make the run a little more eventful! Every now and then I even play a bit of hide and seek with my mom haha! She walks one way and I run the other and we meet somewhere along the way.

Ah so now that you know all my weird running ways...join me on a run soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment