Saturday, April 23, 2011

Things to come...

Spring break is here, and I must say that I am quite thankful for this time off. I never imagined the mental exhaustion that came with teaching. There is sooo much to think through and process and reflect on and plan for and the list goes on. So since my brain has been on vacation for 2 days, I feel like I can finally form complete sentences and blog a bit.

* My first year of teaching is almost done! It is such a bittersweet time. This class will always be very special to me. Yes, because they are my first, but also because they are such a wonderful class! Sweet and loving and just altogether precious, I couldn't have asked for a better class to start off my teaching career. They are patient with me, although they do LOVE to point out my mistakes. God knew just what I needed this year, and I give Him all the praise for this beautiful blessing! I pray that I will just treasure these last 3 weeks with these students!

* This summer I get the privilege of working a camp in New Orleans called MFUGE! I am very excited about serving youth as they come to camp and I am excited about getting to serve the city of New Orleans and seeing students become passionate about serving the Lord. I am also very excited about getting to know some wonderful people that I will be on staff with!! I don't really know what to expect this summer, but I do know that I serve a God who works in BIG ways. So I do expect Him to do some BIG things in the lives of people and myself this summer! I can't wait!

* Well that's about all for now:)

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that your primary ministry as a teacher allows you to do summertime ministry like Mfuge. I'll start praying for your time in N.O. right away.

    ReplyDelete