Sunday, August 21, 2011

The adventures of running...

A wonderful stress reliever, an energizer, and always an adventure...running! Oh how I do love it, but I never knew it would always be such an adventure. So I thought I would share those sweet little adventures with you...

* One day a few weeks ago I had to be brought home by a neighbor because I got sick and couldn't walk home....how embarassing but an interesting way to meet the neighbors.

* Last night I was too stubborn to change shorts before my run despite the fact that they were clearly way too big. So the challenge wasn't the 2 mile run but just trying to keep my pants from falling down around my ankles:) That would be another horrible but interesting way to meet the neighbors...yikes! Lesson learned! (BTW they stayed up the whole time...it was just a challenge to keep them up)

* Tonight I thought it was going to be a nice easy run. I planned on taking it easy. 5 minute run 5 minute walk intervals. At the very end of my last 5 minute run, as I get ready to walk the rest of the way home , I hear this huge rumble. My initial thought is "please let that be a big truck or something", but as I look back I see a lovely cloud and then another flash of lightening. Usually this wouldn't be a big deal to me, but the lightening has been quite bad the past few evenings. So I let out a big sigh and begin my sprint home. To my delight (not to my surprise though because I figured she would be out looking for me), I see my mom driving to come pick me up. Thanks MammaMia:)

Looking for a group to join me for the Baton Rouge half-marathon at the beginning of December...who's in?? It will be great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment