Friday, September 2, 2011

Oh what a week...

Let's just say these last few weeks have been quite the challenge. They have been such a challenge that it has been hard to see the good times for all the...hhmm...let's just say "exhausting" times. Sometimes as a teacher I have trouble seeing past the discipline to the beauty of my job. Sorry let me explain better. Many times I leave school feeling like ALL I did was discipline all day. More so this year than last! Well this has definitely been one of those weeks. Mostly due to the fact that I am still in shock that I am still having to tell them the same things over and over and over and over and over. Trust me that is NO exaggeration! So I am going to take this time to reflect on some fun times that I did have this week with my class...

Yesterday I was asking my class to tell me about a time that they wanted to buy something but didn't have the money for it, so they would have to save for it. Most were about toys, which is the expected response from a 2nd grader. One student replies: "One time I was in this furniture store" (which I immediately begin thinking: What would a kid want from a furniture store?) "And I wanted this massage chair, but it was like a few thousand dollars."

So sometimes I may or may not laugh out loud with my students, which don't get me wrong is fine and all but done at the wrong time over the wrong thing can cause chaos, so it has to be done with some discretion. But today it happened and it was so cute. I had only 9 students today due to the long weekend. 2 of my students were not doing what they were supposed to so I called them and asked what was going on. The girl said "He was playing with my tutu" But when she said it she got really shy when she got to the word tutu (she was wearing a little saints or LSU tutu for football day). A little giggle started around the room and then I just started laughing. I mean we all just laughed. It was definitely something I needed.

Overall I still believe I have the best job. It's just wearing me out, so I am thankful for Labor Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment