Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So I guess it's about time.

Well I felt like I went from one big thing to the next, and by big I mean overwhelmingly exhausting in every sense of the word...emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually. So I can honestly say that I am so thankful for three incredibly lazy days to recover and just be. Because of the quick turnover from camp to school it took me a little longer to process all that I learned and was a part of this summer. So I hope you will allow me this opportunity to do just that.

* Everyday when we went on site I would tell my kids "Leave all that you have out there with those kids. You should come back on the bus exhausted because you gave it all you had." That was what we as a staff did our best to do as well...in everything from worship, to night life, to Bible study, to conversations at dinner...we gave all we had to give. Now it's time to bring it home. I am still learning what it means to give all I have in different areas of my life here at home. It looks a lot different here, but I believe God calls us all to leave all we have out in the world we live in. From work, to family and friends, to all the people and challenges in between, we should crawl into bed every night exhausted knowing we gave it our all and then some.

* I also told my students to make the most of every moment and every opportunity. After my first week on site and with students, I quickly learned that 1. time is precious and 2. I am not guaranteed another chance to love and minister to these children. There were so many children that only came out once or twice at site and there were some who were regulars for a while and then just stopped coming for whatever reason. And with students the week went by so quickly! As I started a new school year I realized how true this was with my sweet students and even with friends. You just don't realize how quickly a school year goes by or how quickly life changes for people at our age. So I pray that the Lord will show me how to make the most of every opportunity with the wonderful people He has put in my life.

*I will wrap it up with this (because I could just go on and on). There is no greater joy than being hot and sweaty and tired and dirty and losing your voice EVERY week:) when it's done for the glory of the Lord. I am so thankful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to love and be loved and bless and be so very blessed by students, adults, children, and that sweet sweet staff this summer! In the month and a half that I have been home, I have been overwhelmed by the challenges as well as the opportunities that the Lord has given me to put into action all that He has taught me this summer. The good, sweet, exciting and yes, sometimes emotional kind of overwhelmed. I pray that the Lord will continue to use the lessons learned this summer to challenge me and mold me more into His image.

No comments:

Post a Comment