Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Le Belle Maison Christmas

I love what I call street ministry, but really it's just anything that involves going out into the community to just be with the people. No grand event, no hours of planning, no big hype. Simply finding people who could use some loving and loving them where they are at. I have had the opportunity to do this in a few different places in a few different ways. Every time I do it in a new place, I begin to see that place in a completely new light. I cannot really express it in words, because you really have to experience it for yourself.

Well this summer I was blessed with an incredible site that I worked for MFuge. I thought as I was leaving I would be leaving it in the hands of another local ministry. It was hard but I was at peace with that. I knew the Lord was going to continue to do amazing things in the lives of the kids and families. Little did I know that I would still be a part of that. Long story short, I have been able to go back 3 times since, and every time it is such a blessing to see the kiddos and families.

My supervisor in AK, Mark, always said "God is going to do more in You this summer than through you." (or something along those lines:/ I have a terrible memory for details). Well the Lord has definitely been teaching me a great deal through this little ministry at Le Belle Maison. Teaching me to trust, to be obedient, to have faith, to be bold, to step out of my comfortable bubble, to love with all my heart, to partner together with the family of believers, and the list goes on.

I will never understand why He chooses to use me, a simple girl, who is awful with words, who is so easily flustered, who speaks very little Spanish, who struggles to connect with the "cool" kids, and who has somewhat limited resources.

I mean I am just not the person I would have picked for this job of all the people the sweet Lord had to choose from, me... He chose me! Why? I will never understand BUT thankful I will forever be! I love that He chooses me to go out and give my all to love His sweet children. I am thankful that He puts up with my doubts and fears and proves His faithfulness time and time again! I am thankful that He has put so many wonderful people in my life to join with me in this ministry and so many others that I have been a part of. I am thankful that He sees what I can be in Him and that He will continue to challenge me, stretch, and grow me!!

He chooses to use you as well. No matter how long your list of inadequacies is, no matter how unfit you think you are for the job. He has chosen You. All you have to do is go. Fears, doubts, insecurities and all, just a simple act of obedience is all that is required and then watch in awe at how God works in and through you!

Thank you all who have come out. I know that you were such a blessing to this community and I pray that you were blessed!
The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of our Christmas visit to Le Belle Maison this past Sunday.
The guys had an intense game of football going!
Queen Lanie:)
When they don't listen, I just hang them up by their ankles;).
Sweet Kevin:)
This child is ALWAYS happy!!
They loved Becca!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have gone with y'all! At least I can keep up with you guys through your writing - I always enjoy reading your stories. :)Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Moses :-)
    I love your heart and your passion for this community. You challenge me to be better at what is important: loving people.

    You are a precious, precious person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw I am so thankful for you two!! I am so blessed with your friendships:)!

    ReplyDelete