Monday, January 16, 2012

Diamonds in the sky

On my quest to focus on the word "love" as Valentine's quickly approaches, today I would like to share a lovely favorite of mine!

Last night I was getting out of my car at a friend's house, and for some reason I glanced up at the sky. OH how beautiful a clear night sky is! I LOVE the stars. I can't really give a good reason why. I mean they aren't the most complex of God's creation. They are technically just big balls of gas thousands and millions and billions of light years away.

Maybe it's their mystery; the fact that they are so beyond our grasp. I do enjoy when there are parts of God's creation that we don't know every little detail of. I think it causes us to just sit back and enjoy the mystery and the greatness of a God we will never be able to wrap our minds around.

Maybe it's that "diamonds are a girl's best friend." Even though I am a pretty simple girl and don't wear a lot of jewelry at all, I am a girl! So I do love things that sparkle! I used to say that I thought the stars were God's diamonds in the sky!

Maybe it's the fact that there are SO many! You can't help but think of how big God is when you look at them. And they are all perfectly hung in place by God himself.

Maybe it's how peaceful they are. I would LOVE to be brave enough to sleep under the stars! If it weren't for bugs and bears and all the other creatures that eat you that are out there with you, then I would definitely do it all the time! Sadly since I graduated college, I have let life bog me down, and I have missed many opportunities to soak in these sweet treasures up above. I used to love walking back to my dorm by myself from the BCM and just gazing at the stars on my way. It was such a sweet time alone with the Lord. Every now and then I would see a shooting star. I used to say those were God's kisses to me. They would come on days that I needed a little something special.

What are your kisses from the Lord? Your diamonds in his creation? Maybe it is a beautiful sunrise, or a majestic mountain, or a roaring ocean. Whatever it is I hope you will not be like me. Don't let life bog you down and forget to take time to marvel at God's creation. He's romancing you everyday with bouquets of flowers all around, gentle breezes, warm sunshine, beautiful paintings in the sky, sparkling diamonds up above and SO much more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment