Saturday, January 21, 2012

Loving reflections...

So after a long week, you know one of those weeks that you just couldn't get ahead, I am thankful for this sweet moment to wrap it all up!

* I love unexpected kindness, especially when it comes from unexpected people! There is always that one student in every class. You know. The student who will test your patience EVERY DAY!! I enjoy the challenge these students bring and truly do love them, but man they can wear-you-out! Well yesterday I had already given out snacks to those who didn't bring one (It's a rule you get one shot. I usually cave anyway, but today I was sticking to my guns.), and I was in the middle of reading a story when I look over to see a clearly upset student. I ask what's the matter, and he explained his snack situation. He only had one small snack. I know, I am terrible but I said, "I am sorry, that is what mom sent and you will be fine until lunch." Trust me, none of these kids are going hungry! Well he went to wash up his tear stained face and when he came back I noticed out of the corner of my eye his demeanor had quickly changed. I look to see that he has the snack that I had given to the child that daily tests all of our patience! And the young student did not even want the credit for it! He just watched with a smile on his face as the "starving student" ate and smiled because he knew he had done something kind for his classmate. I don't think I can say these words enough: I love my job!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment