Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quirks

I like learning people's quirks. Those things we all do that most would look at us and say "you're strange" or "hhmm that's interesting" or "whatever makes you happy" or "________(you fill in the blank)"

When someone knows my quirks, I feel like they really know me. I love when people really know one another! Like when they can order for you at a restaurant.

And when those who know your quirks and love you for them that's even better;)

I am not going to give away all my quirks...that would make getting to know me a bit boring, but I will fill you in on a few of my eating quirks.

I eat one thing at a time. My family thinks that I am strange for this one. If I have a plate with 3 different things on it, I eat all of one before I even touch anything else. Then I eat all of the next thing and so forth:) They often ask me what I think of something and then look at my plate and say "Oh you haven't even touched it yet" and then give me a little head shake and a smile lol.

If I am eating a sandwich, I eat the crust first. All the way around. My favorite part is the middle, so I save it for last.

Sometimes I just eat a healthy meal so that I can get to desert;) I mean really, who doesn't do that every now and then!

Well these may seem quite simple and silly, but I think it is one of the sweetest pieces of any relationship. No they aren't the depths of a person's soul or anything, but in a way it shows the intimacy of your relationships.

It's when you really pay attention to those little things, in my opinion, that shows you really know a person...that you really care about them. It's funny too when friends, family, and significant others begin to point out quirks you didn't even know you had.

What are your quirks??
If you have noticed any quirks of mine, care to fill me in??
Is the word quirk beginning to sound a bit weird to you yet?? It is to me... lol


No comments:

Post a Comment