Tuesday, June 5, 2012

O Come let us Adore Him...

A moment in history that forever changed the world. The moment our precious Savior, the King of Kings was born of a virgin in a lowly stable. This moment was not broadcast on all the national morning news shows. It was not the headline of every local newspaper. No this moment was told about 700 years before through the prophet Isaiah and fulfilled in undoubtedly the most precious moment of all time. There was indeed a great bit of fanfare, but not the earthly kind. A heavenly host proclaimed the coming of the Lord. I imagine it was a beautiful sound of praise to our Lord. He was not visited by the royalty one would expect would come to show their respect and honor to a King, but instead He was worshipped by some lowly shepherds.

The night of our Savior's birth is a night I hope God shows us in Heaven's movie theatre. Maybe they will even interview some of those involved. Oh how I would love to hear what it was like. ;)

I am unfortunately well aware that it is 93 degrees outside and 6 months from the Christmas season, but as  I begin to study the gospels for the summer , I realize that one of my first thoughts was...Oh I know this story and almost an "I'll just run through this because it's not Christmas" mentality. I have found that as Christmas music, beautiful anthems of my Savior's coming, have come through my Pandora station, I think "it's not even Christmas"and tune it out a bit. Then it hit me. My heart broke that I had boxed in this pivotal moment in the Bible to a few weeks at the end of the year. This beautiful picture which is the beginning of my salvation story, I belittled a bit.

Christmas is absolutely a sweet and special time to celebrate with everyone together the birth of Christ, but it should not be reserved only for this special time. So maybe I will turn on some Christmas music, read a Christmas book, or listen to a Christmas sermon in June to keep me from setting this beautiful piece of my Savior's story on the shelf until Christmas.

"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment