Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet summertime:)

Hard to believe it but this summer is half way over!! It has not been the summer I imagined, but it has been great!. So far my summer has been filled with all kinds of sweetness.

*Cold sweet treats: watermelon, snowballs, Starbucks frappacinnos, and ice cream!
*Sweet relaxation: snuggling up to a good book and of course we all know this girl loves a good nap (every now and then):)
*Sweet, sweaty runs...ok not so sweet but great all the same!
*A little sweet shopping...with some great deals I might add!

But my favorite sweet of summer has been sweet time with friends and family! Like I said, it has not been the summer I imagined. I am not getting to hang out with some of the people I had hoped to yet, but I have had some of the sweetest times with unexpected friends and good ole family. Now I am a very simple girl so it doesn't take much to delight my heart! I hope you have experienced what I am about to tell you about because everyone needs these kinds of people.

What delights my heart most, refreshes and revives my heart is knowing that I have friends in my life that will always be near and dear to me. Those friends that when we sit down after months of not getting to hang out or chat we catch up on life, share what God is doing, voice our struggles freely knowing we will be praying for one another, laugh a lot, and just do the ordinary day to day things together simply enjoying one another's company. Sadly these times are often short and scattered but I am always thankful that they come at times when I need them most. My latest visit to Ruston and Shreveport was such a time. I was able to spend time with some amazing friends that God blessed me with over the years! I love seeing new friendships growing to this place as well as I am in a new season of life. So if ever you have some time I would love to sit down and catch up with you! New and old friends a like:) Just give me a call! I love to hear what God is doing in your life and what's new.

Family time has also been sweet. Lunches with my nanny and poppy. Trips to see my sister, bro-in-law and precious niece. Days hanging around with mom and dad. I have no idea where the Lord will take me in life, so I try to take advantage of the time the Lord has given me here at home with my family and strengthening those relationships.

So as for the rest of the summer, I hope to have a nice balance of working hard to prepare for the upcoming school year and more of these sweet times with friends and family... and a little relaxation:).





2 comments:

  1. I follow many blogs, so I'm thrilled to add yours to the list! I am thankful you are having a wonderful summer. Next time you're in Shreveport let me know, I'm there often...maybe we can meet up! Okay, this is Kelli- from last summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Kelli!! I was thinking about you the other day! I hope you are doing well!! I will definitely let you know when I am in Shreveport...I would love to catch up! For now I will catch up through your blog;)

    ReplyDelete