Friday, July 6, 2012

My sweet Savior.

I just want to start this morning by saying how amazed I am at my sweet God. Last night on my way to Bible study a familiar ache in my heart began to surface, so I just began to cry out to the Lord. Being the patient and compassionate God that He is, He just let me let it all out. As soon as Bible study began I was hit by just how much God knows the depths of my heart and how He hears the cries of my heart. The word of the evening ... contentment. Which was exactly where the ache in my heart was rooted, a lack of contentment. So I just sat and listened and let my Father break and heal and mold His daughter's heart.

I am so blessed and struggle with the fact that I can even say I am at times not content. How can I be discontented when God is clearly blessing me day after day!

So it all comes down to is God enough for me? I think I have taken this question lightly. "Of course He is enough." would be my typical response. But I am reminded of Job, and I am not sure that this is a question that can be taken so lightly. When ALL is stripped away and all you truly have is God, is He enough? Will I be truly satisfied in Him and Him alone, not wanting for anything?

So like I have said I am quite open and willing to share, so if you want to chat about any of this please feel free to, but for now I am going to let the beautiful words of God soothe an aching heart:)

Philippians 4:5-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Paul goes on to say in verse 11 "for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content"

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God , to those who are called according to His purpose."

Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Pslam 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in times of trouble."

Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

These are just a few. I pray you are encouraged. Know that you are loved by an awesome and Holy God. If we surrender all we are to Him, He will be more than enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment