Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A place I love to be

To simply close my eyes and truly hear the words of a song, allowing my heart to rest in the arms of my Father is a place like none other.

If anyone knows me you know that:
1. I am terrible with words. If you only knew how nicely they are laid out in my head and the great intentions I have to communicate them, you would be amazed. Somehow there is a communication break down between my brain and my mouth and they come out all jumbled and confusing:) Oh well, people learn to figure out my special language and love me anyways. This weakness of mine is probably why I am so thankful for musicians who can so beautifully portray their words.  I love how God uses these people's precious testimonies and words from the Lord put to music to speak to my heart and allow me, a mumbler and a stumbler,  the incredible opportunity to offer up beautiful words of praise to my Father.
2. As far as being in the music scene, I am not. Meaning, I don't know who sings what, when, or where, or who they are for the most part. So I am always happy when someone introduces me to someone new or when I just happen upon someone great. So don't expect great things from me when you try to chat about the music world with me, but if you want to introduce me to a great song or someone great I am completely game!

All this to say I am completely in awe at how the Lord works through music. My heart is often times , broken and restored in a single song. My attention is many times brought back to the feet of Jesus through a simple verse. Eyes closed, laying aside the distractions of life, picturing my Father seated on His throne as we join in with all of creation and the Heavenly hosts to sing praise to the Lord, imagining this great filter that takes my humdrum voice and making it beautiful for God's holy ears:), and being brought low so God can be lifted up, there is simply no better place to be!

So I thought I would share a couple of songs that have blessed my heart today.
Beautiful by Phil Wickham
Oceans from the Rain by Ten Shekel Shirt
Love you all!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment