Sunday, November 11, 2012

Randomness...

So it's been quite awhile!! Since I can't seem to make one cohesive post come together (believe me I have tried multiple times:)), I am just going to throw out some random realizations I have had lately. Maybe it will give me the jumpstart I need to get back in the swing of things...

* Pinterest makes me want to stay home and cook soups and holiday goodies from now until after Christmas and have sweet friends over to share these treats with and play games with and chat about life and watch movies together. It SHOULD make me want to do Christmas bulletin boards and Christmas crafts but that is not the case. Oh help us all when it comes time for me to execute those Christmas crafties:).

*  I have miraculously been quite disciplined in my workouts lately. Unfortunately this makes me ALWAYS hungry!! I am a bit of a bottomless pit;) So needless to say I am now working on being more disciplined in my eating and on being more self-controlled.

* It always amazes me how much I need to practice what I preach. In second grade, students are learning to have self-control, which as #2 states I am currently in need of. Of course, theirs comes more in the area of blurting out, making better choices etc. Then there's "Pay attention" "Watch where you are going" "slow down"which I tell myself these same things after the school day is done.

* The Lord will send you the precious encouraging words you need at just the right time. It of course always seems to be through the most unexpected sources and at the most unexpected times! I have been so blessed to have a couple of these in the past week!

* I ate dinner and a treat and am still hungry...currently practicing that self-control stuff:)

* I have a wedding this coming weekend. I think that means dance party every afternoon to prepare... Song suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment