Friday, April 25, 2014

Fire breathing dragons

Winter's chill always fools me into thinking I will enjoy the warmth of summer. Well actually, I crave spring, but we all know how spring in Louisiana is...short if you are even lucky to get it at all. I belong in a place where there is spring and fall...they are my favorite!  The polar vortex of a winter we had this year definitely made me crave some warmer days. Sure, I enjoy certain parts of the cold weather...like leggings, boots, scarves, fires, warm drinks... but after a while of that, I crave the warmth of spring...shorts, sandals, flowers and greenery.  I was reminded today what Louisiana summers are like! I went for a run this afternoon, and it was like running in the mouth of a fire breathing dragon... ugh. So begins my early morning runs again, where I race to beat the sun. I do enjoy the quiet of the mornings though, so it's not too terrible.

I did enjoy the cool runs this winter. As long as it wasn't windy. I didn't even get thirsty on my longer runs. I ran my entire half-marathon without a sip of water. I am aware that isn't super great for me, but drinking while running makes me queazy sometimes. So, I am going to work on drinking more water while working out. Apparently it's important;). And when my Bro-in-Law told me it could make you bloated when you don't drink water while working out, well, that's all I needed to hear. I hate feeling bloated.

Oh and as a side note, I have really enjoyed my lemon, mint, cucumber water. But I definitely would suggest investing in one of these. I plan on investing in one someday soon because I don't really enjoy the things floating around in my water:).

I am terrible at informing myself: reading articles, watching documentaries, etc. Mostly because I don't know who to believe or how reliable the sources are.  I am becoming a big believer in informing yourself. The more I learn about nutrition and fitness, the more motivated I am to make the changes toward a healthy, all-natural lifestyle. I am a teacher, so I guess I should educate myself a little more.

Lastly I have tried to work on my cooking skills. I am not, I repeat, not an expert cook. I am a messy, clumsy, and often times failure of a cook:( But I enjoy spending time in the kitchen trying to cook and hopefully eventually all the trying will result in me being one of those cooks. You know, the cooks where they look forward to your dishes...like my nanny! So I am not throwing in the towel! I have tried a couple new healthy dishes, and they are good but they need some work. Hopefully I will work out the kinks and be able to share them with you soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment