Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dirt Don't Hurt

 When hanging with a 2 year old, you quickly learn that a little dirt won't hurt. Several times I caught  little munchkin with her well played-in and unwashed hands in my drink or my food or my face. I figured she eats with them and she's doing just fine (but other times I had to tell myself "just don't think about it";)). And when they are this cute, you just don't seem to care.

Being Aunt Morgie to this little ball of fun, is a beautiful blessing. It has been such a joy to get to spoil her and play with her. But I must say, I'm going to let Nanna take care of the spoiling for a bit. "Bribing" her with treats all the time will break the bank fast when you are out and about. (Bribery is not my preferred way to get good behavior, but I am her aunt not her mom:) And she was kind of drug all around at times.)

When you sleep with a 2 year old on an air mattress, coffee is a must! So I will work on that whole cut back on the caffeine thing as soon as I am back:) I completely agree with this picture. You could also substitute teacher with "mom"(I assume from what I see and hear) and "aunt". 
  One sleepless night (sleepless for a multitude of other reasons, but more on that at a later date), I found some great motivation for my healthy living journey on Netflix. Let's just say I will definitely be gradually making the transition to all-natural foods after I watched it.  It was a documentary on processed foods. And while my eating hasn't been perfect, I would give myself a high five for enjoying the trip while not over doing it.

I am not typically a huge fan of selfies (for myself...I am not photogenic...trust me these are the best taken out of several attempts), but I just couldn't resist getting in a few with these pretty ladies.
So I will let the pictures do the talking now... 

The party has begun!!

 We did a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Thankfully, despite her short 2 year old attention span, she is usually quite content and easily entertained by the world around her. She was very good considering all of the running around town we have done this week...for the most part...we all have our moments...



She loves to be outside. We have spent a lot of time out in this beautiful weather. Unfortunately, I have reached the point where my allergies are begging for the indoors. Sneezy McSneezerton has arrived. I rode pretty much the whole way with my sun roof open...don't think I'll be able to do that on the return trip tomorrow. Or I may just tough it out and enjoy it because this nice springish weather won't last long.


We got to spend some time with the beautiful Witte ladies. What a sweet day it was with them! Happy Early Birthday to my best and closest friend. I always treasure our time together, and I love getting to see you be a mommy! You are one amazing lady in every area of your life! 





It's a miracle! In 2 takes we got this picture. All smiles:)!!

And when you have done your job right as an aunt: play hard! You get rewarded with some snuggle time.

Or even just a few minutes to slow down and rest;)

Thank you Mrs. Peggy and Mr. Philip for letting me stay with you! I always enjoy visiting!

Spring break has been a bit of an interesting time for me, but overall it was wonderful to take time to slow down and not be on a schedule and simply enjoy time with people I love but don't see often!

2 comments:

  1. What a SWEET post! And what are you talking about - not being photogenic?? ;) You look like Barbie in the picture with Lyla! BEAUTIFUL! Little Reese has a treasure in you as her aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! She is one beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete