Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pre-Spring Break Prepping

Spring Break is here!! It felt like it would never arrive. Granted, I already miss some sweet hugs from some of my favorite little people;). But I am so thankful for some time away in North LA with some more of my favorite people (It doesn't take much to make my favorites list and each is near and dear to my heart)! I thought before I headed off for the break I would give you a bit of an update of my journey towards healthier living becoming simply who I am.

I will start by saying right now it is all about the journey;) I had one week where I am pretty sure I would give myself a sad D-. But as long as you are learning and making changes in the right direction, then it's progress and you deserve a pat on the back...handing myself a little of that grace I talked about in the previous post.  So I learned that it is no fun to eat like you don't care! I felt terrible! Bloated. Grumpy. Fatigued. I enjoy a little indulging...everything in moderation and for special occassions, like Easter (but I never felt icky, so I must have did good).

Not to mention I really do love healthy foods.

When I choose to just throw caution to the wind and not make wise food choices, I lose an opportunity to fuel my body well. I know it's a "duh" concept, but I don't consciously think that when I am choosing my foods all the time.

So in preparation to have a healthy spring break away here's the plan:

* I have killed it with 3 days straight of 6 mile runs. 6 is standard for me but three days in a row isn't I usually spread my runs out a bit throughout the week. Getting my workouts in before helps me to better  focus on the people I am with (one less thing on my plate), and my exercise will simply be all the play time I can get in with this cutie!
* I am going to pack some healthy snacks so I won't be tempted to pick up a quick treat if I get hungry along the way or while out and about.

* I look forward to some sweet girls day out meals with my favorite ladies and little ladies, so if I know where we are going, I can check the menu online for nutrition info to help me make the best choices. If not then I will just do the best I can from what I know about food. Portion control as well. I love left overs anyways! 

Most importantly I hope it just a time to get a way and be refreshed! Stay tuned for the Post-Spring Break post because I expect it to be full of fun times with fun friends and family:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment