Sunday, April 6, 2014

I am a work in progress;)

Much like so many things in my life...I'm just a work in progress. If we are honest, aren't we all:)?!?

This said after I just had a mug of froyo and did everything I could to get every last little lick of chocolaty goodness. BUT I am making progress. I did not completely go sugar free this week, as I would have liked, but I did make much better choices and was much more disciplined in the amount of snacking I did. Coffee was also more about discipline and limiting the amount I drank. Just 2 days friends...that's amazing for the week I had!

I am not a fan of completely eliminating things that you love from your "diet". I have tried that before and it just makes me want it more, so I cave and it gets out of control! My lifelong goal is for sweets to be a treat once a week or for special sweet occassions;). I also found myself snacking on alot more than I needed to in an effort to try to fill that little craving for something sweet this evening. As for caffeine, it will be a treat for those days I know I need a pick me up (I'm not sure it's possible these days to grade Penmanship papers without a cup of coffee). I don't think caffeine is terrible but I don't want to rely on it to function well.

The strength training aspect of last weeks challenge was a success. I enjoyed the challenge and had a great strong run yesterday morning!

This week challenge numero uno:
Continue to make wise choices in the snacking area. Last week was definitely a step in the right direction, but I would like to do more to find new fruit, veggie, or nut options for snacking. I love to try new healthy treats. Here are a few that I will be trying this week. (Yep I am in bed...don't judge)
We also tried spaghetti squash. It's a bit crunchy for spaghetti, but I think I will experiment with it again in the future. 

Challenge numero dos: 
Remember to allow myself grace, and in turn give grace to others around me.  It is so easy to grow discouraged in the journey of life. You want so badly to be better in _______ area of your life. Each day you wake up determined that this will be the day. The day that you get it together. Maybe for you it is eating healthier and exercising. Maybe it is holding your tongue if you speak before thinking. Maybe it is being on time if you are consistently late. Whatever it is I hope there is some area we are all working to improve in our lives because we all know that no one is perfect. But often times when I miss a workout day one week or get frustrated at work when those little ears just don't seem to want to listen to "my very important instructions",  I beat myself up. I grow discouraged in the lie that I will never be able to get it together. I forget to offer myself grace. I am going to mess "it" up...whatever the "it" is...because well I am a bit of a mess most days. Thankfully God is grace. After all, we are all pretty much a mess, but God brings order to our chaos and makes us beautiful messes;). I want to be more like Him, so I will strive to be more gracious towards all people and that includes myself. 

"My grace is sufficient for you for My power is made perfect in weakness" 2 Corinthians 12:8

2 comments:

  1. I like your updates! They remind me that we really should always be focusing on an area in our life to improve upon (whoa, overwhelmed with how MANY I could be working on!). I ate spaghetti squash once! Mine wasn't crispy though...however it was surprisingly sweet! It was good but I could only eat small quantities at a time for some reason. Also, I think I may have a small addiction to morning coffee buuuttt my baby CRAWLS now - I've got to keep up! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha one day when I have the joy of caring for little ones 24/7 I am certain coffee will be a necessity too;) I love you too friend and am ssoo excited about seeing y'all for spring break!!

    ReplyDelete