Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Heading in the right direction

Well sweet friends, I am clearly the picture perfect example of what it means to take baby steps and of celebrating my successes no matter how small they maybe...as I put down my empty bowl of ice cream...ugh...I know I know...please don't judge me, it was a rough day and a treat felt warranted.

Anyways, I am not, and I repeat not perfect in this healthy, clean eating business. Kudos to those who are awesome enough to change your life over night, but that just isn't me! Trust me I wish it were. My hopes are that one day I will be an organic hipster...well at least very close to it;). I am getting there but like I said I am baby steppin' it and somedays it's more of a shuffle but at least I am moving in the right direction.

One thing I have done great at (if I may give myself a pat on the back) is drinking loads of water. I love the benefits of drinking all the water. I see the results of it most in my skin. It just seems healthier. Drinking loads of water does have a minor downfall, but I am sure you can guess what problem drinking too much water will cause. Which is good but annoying...alright moving on...

Sugar is in just about everything. When you start reading labels it's amazing that most things have sugar as one of the first 5 ingredients, if not the first 3. I am just going to assume you all know what that means when reading labels because I tried to explain it and wasn't doing so hot! So starting today I am going to do my best to only eat things with natural sugars. Even things that appear healthy have added sugar as one of the first few ingredients... granola bars, granola cereal, yogurt, wheat bread, fruit bars, some fruit and veggie drinks. This is so disappointing:( Why can't they be honest and make actually healthy treats.

As for coffee and caffeine, I have cut back. That's progress. I am pretty sure coffee is the equivalent of aderol (however that is spelled) for me... I am amazingly productive when I have a nice cup of joe. And I can't sit still and sometimes I get a little shaky and I get chatty....OK so I am a different person lol. Since school is winding down, I am going to only drink coffee when there are things that must get done! I don't know that caffeine is all that bad for you,  but I don't like that if I don't have any I get a headache, especially since headaches are not normal for me at all. I don't like being dependent on it to function daily. Plus it's nice that my body isn't used to it, so it does have an effect on me when I need it to ;).

I would love to share a pretty little motivational quote I found somewhere that often comes to mind...but I can't find it anywhere so I will do my best to quote it for you:
"You can't work-off bad choices" Ok that's not it at all...hmmm... the basis is that eating right is more important than working out. They are both important, but what you eat greatly affects how effective working out is. Something like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment