Monday, May 5, 2014

Joy in today!

When the worries of tomorrow tempt you away from the joys of today, it's exhausting! I am not a stresser...well maybe I am a silent stresser. It catches up to me before I even realize it, so I don't realize I am worried or stressed until I realize I have been a bit on edge. I inwardly get a bit grumpy. Inwardly because I try hard (and often times fail) to not let it show.

Anyways. My tomorrow was begging for my attention today, and I am fighting to stay in the present. The Bible has plenty to say about it, so I guess God sees how easily our hearts and minds wander to the future and miss out on the precious moments of today!

So I hope I come home exhausted everyday...not because I let the demands of the next approaching season of life stress me out and burden me with worries but because I loved hard, hugged tightly, listened closely, spoke encouragingly, worshipped deeply,  smiled widely, dug deep, and shared in every moment that today had to offer.


I don't want to look back and wish I had done more to share each precious day with these beautiful
faces. (In the above picture, I learned to take pictures before sugary treats...it's a miracle we got this one;)).

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough of its own troubles." Matthew 6:33-34
"This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment