Monday, July 5, 2010

In exactly one month my life as a grown up begins!

How crazy! In exactly one month from tomorrow, I begin my big girl job. Overwhelming?? You have no idea!! And overwhelming is not a good state for me to reside in because I tend to shut down and become a bit sensitive in the emotional department (so you've been warned, be kind to me for the next month or 2:)) I can already see some problems that I will encounter over the next few months:
1. I tend to be a bit hard on myself, especially when it involves other people, example the minds of children and their future as readers and writers in this great world:) AHH the pressure..maybe blogging about this is a bad idea seeing how it is only making me think more about it lol. Anyways, I will offer an example of my first point. At Sylvan, I constantly think I am doing awful and the students can't possibly be walking away with any great new knowledge because all I see are the mistakes I made and the places I need to work on. But then you have sweet sweet co-workers who out of nowhere say encouraging and positive things about you that make your day, but then the next day those doubts, insecurities and fears creep in. This is absolutely not from God, so I will be praying that I will find my confidence and strength in Him and Him alone.
2. I blame this next one on college...I have become an unbelievable procrastinator!! I do work better under pressure and it definitely helps that I have something that I am excited about to work on. But the fact remains I am an unorganized and at times, quite ADD procrastinator! All I can say about this one is "God, You've sure got Your work cut out for You!!"

But with these problems (and I am sure the list will only grow as the year goes on but I won't bore you with those details:) comes some amazing and beautiful blessings.
1. Of course, the most obvious beautiful blessing comes in the form of 24 precious little second graders that I get to see everyday. I get to love them and teach them and watch them learn and grow.
2. I get to gain some great experience and grow as a teacher. I have only heard great things about the other teachers there, so I am very excited and nervous at the same time about working with these ladies.
3. I have a JOB! This is indeed a blessing that I pray I never take for granted again. I know what is to be unemployed, and I am actually oddly grateful for that year of struggling to find a job because I now truly know what people go through. I never realized how incredibly discouraging, exhausting, and hard it is to be without work.
4. I get to live my dream! Yes friends, I dream big:) But to me this is a big dream: to have my very own class and do something I love!
5. I get to spend my first few years of teaching in a Christian environment, which I know will be a beautiful blessing and that I will see in the small things over the year how thankful I am for this!
EEEK ONE MONTH!! HOW EXCITING AND SCARY:)!!!
(and don't judge my ability to teach grammar and writing by my blogging skills...they give us a textbook that tells us just what to say:) JK)

No comments:

Post a Comment