Sunday, August 15, 2010

The life of a new teacher...

My first week of teaching in a nutshell:

- My life is lived on post-its. I am not sure I would ever get anything done with out these wonderful little sticky pieces of paper. They can be found anywhere and everywhere I go...my car, my classroom, my room, my purse, etc. Not to mention I have at least 2 or 3 that say the same thing because I miss place them.

- My world falls down around me every morning. I must reassemble my room due to the lovely humid Louisiana weather because everything falls off of my walls.

- I dream of school supplies.

- I now know what to do in the event of a fire. Thursday...right when I felt that all was starting to somewhat fall into place, we have a fire drill. Of course all that I knew about fire drills completely left my head. We lived though:)

- I am more scatterbrained than ever:) This adds a nice little challenge to the adventure of teaching.

- I have made at least 3 children cry. I didn't console most of them...isn't that terrible!

- I started out eating cafeteria food because it was free and convenient, but Jamie Oliver haunts me with every bite (if you saw Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution where he went into schools to try to get cafeterias to cook healthier foods) I will be packing a nice healthy lunch from now on.

- I get to see 23 sweet faces everyday and here some fabulous stories that if we are lucky actually pertain to the lesson.

- Week 2 I will be laying down the law! Can't wait:) They will be afraid of me, just watch...oh how awful that I want them to be afraid of me, but it must happen. It's more like respect:)

- I really really really do love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment