Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just my random life!

Just a little of my random, not so exciting life lately...

- I kind of feel like I have been in a tornado at work this week. Bulletin boards, Dr. Seuss, Louisiana week, puppet shows, and of course class. It is all great fun of course, but I must say that my brain has struggled to keep up with it all.

- Sugar. I have not had sweets in four days. This is huge. I have tried to do this for about 1 month now but somedays I would forget until after I had eaten a cookie or a little piece of candy, other days I would say "Tomorrow for sure! No doubt about it, tomorrow is the day." Well finally! It has happened. The next thing is to work on a major carbs cut back, but not a complete elimination of carbs from my life:).

- I tried on my beautiful bridesmaids dress today, and I am oh so very excited for May 28th to come. 1. So I can wear this lovely dress and get all fancied up with some wonderful ladies. 2. But more importantly, so we can celebrate the sweet marriage of my best friend! I know it will be such a beautiful day for her!

- I am slowly recovering from the winter lazies. You see, all winter my main goal is to stay warm. Cold makes me shut down and focus on warming up my cold self. So my winters are spent under blankets. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cold weather if I am dressed for it, but LA isn't a place where you load up on winter clothes. ANYWAYS, I am having to retrain my body and mind to get up and go again. Let's just say my legs felt like elephant legs the first few runs I took last week.

- The kids are learning to square dance this week in P.E.. I must admit I am looking for an empty spot on the dance floor, so I can join in. It has been a while since I have gotten a good dance it:)

- Captivating my thoughts. I am really working on the discipline of taking my thoughts captive. All kinds of thoughts enter our lovely heads, and when we allow some thoughts to stick around and our overactive, imaginations get ahold of them, we can easily get ourselves into a heap of trouble. So I am learning, with the help of my Lord, to take captive every thought and with the wisdom for the Lord decided whether it is worthy of sticking around. Will this thought glorify God? Will it help in my journey to be more like Christ?

- Life is about to get exciting and busy so stay tuned;)

No comments:

Post a Comment