Monday, March 21, 2011

a refreshing weekend...

This weekend I went to Ruston and was blessed with some sweet time with some wonderful people. I had no idea though that I was going to come away so refreshed. It's amazing what just a little time with friends can do for a weary girl. God also had some little nuggets of truth to reveal to me this weekend as well through unexpected people. So here's a brief overview of the weekend.

- Started out looking like it would be a long weekend: 1) Thursday night I had a typical kitchen experience in the world of Morgan when I was attempting to cook dinner for my Bible study group. In the process, I cooked the handle of the spoon I was using when I left it a little to close to the burner (OK I left it on the burner:/) Then the next morning I struggled with my driving abilities because I could not back my mom's car out of the garage. So far things were not starting out smoothly.

- Then things began to look up. I got to spend some wonderful time celebrating Amanda's end of her internship and got to chat and get excited about all the upcoming wedding festivities.

- Saturday was day full of laughter, which is my favorite medicine. And I must say I am so thankful to have friends that will entertain my need to play sand volleyball in the 80 degree sun. It was great and I did get better as the games went on (started out pretty terribly:)

- The unexpected lessons the Lord taught me came on Sunday. I went to a church that I don't normally go to so that I could see my lovely friend Stephanie Dugard one last time before heading home. Well thankfully that was God's plan all along. The speaker that day was a man from East to West ministries and 2 things he said really stuck out to me. He said many but I will stick with the 2.
1) God will never allow something or do something in your life that is not for your best. (Or that is what I took away from it, paraphrased of course). I love that no matter what season of life we are going through and what the circumstances are in our lives that God is doing it first and foremost for His glory and 2nd that He has our best interest in mind and He is allowing whatever it is because He knows it is for our good not for our harm. To strengthen us and make us more like Him.
2) He said that when the Lord is leading you to something, there will be gaps in the path to getting there. Maybe it's a dream and a passion He has given you and as you look at the path that leads to that dream, you see many gaps or missing puzzle pieces. Those gaps, if not seen through the lense of God, could be discouraging, but if it is truly the Lord's leading for Your life, then those gaps are from Him. They are not really gaps but areas that the Lord is calling you to have faith and trust in Him. Trust and believe that He will provide and He will equip you for His work, for the dream that He has instilled in your heart.

- Lastly, my weekend wrapped up with a very encouraging lunch with my sweet friend Rachel (another God thing that I was at the church I was at or we wouldn't have run into each other). I love hearing what God is doing in her life and was so encouraged to hear all that she is learning!
And I am the world's worst picture taker, so just close your eyes and imagine what a weekend in Ruston filled with random events might look like:)


No comments:

Post a Comment